Skip to main content

A Resolution I'm Sticking To

So of course, I've managed to let a few months slip by without posting anything.  Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot to post!  It's been a tough winter here in OK, with unusually cold bitter winds and quite a bit of snow compared to last year.  I don't mean to complain, but I will be pretty excited when spring has officially sprung!  This past weekend was daylight savings time, and while I really enjoy the extra light at the end of the day, I just hate giving up the extra 60 minutes of sleep!  I know it's only an hour, but I am dragging this morning for sure!

One of my New Year's resolutions (the only one, honestly) was to complete a 5K every month.  I've been trying to attack this resolution head on.  In January I finished my first ever official timed 5K, the Freeze Your Face-Off 5K in downtown Oklahoma City.  It was such a great experience, and I got to meet up with a couple of high school friends I hadn't seen in over a decade!  Pretty cool.


Two weeks after that was February 1st, the day of The Big Freeze 5K run in Tulsa.  This race was my first obstacle race, and yes, it was freezing cold, but I'm a little proud to say that I finished it!



My first race for March was yesterday, in MWC at the Spring Forward 5K, part of a free series for the community.  It was a lot of fun, and a very positive race to run.  I PR'd in this race (set a personal record), and was pleasantly surprised!


The run yesterday was a great course on a beautiful day.  Of course, I didn't plan well for it though!  I didn't drink nearly enough liquids (a problem I often have, but am trying to overcome) and I didn't eat the right kinds of foods.  Halfway through this race I had an awful pain in my side.  Ick!  But live and learn, and most importantly.... TRY AGAIN.


This weekend I'll be at a St. Patrick's themed race.  I'm trying to decide if I have it in me to run both a race on Saturday AND Sunday.  I would really like to do both of them.  I have about 24 hours left to decide.  We shall see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons/Excuses - And The Difference Is....?

I do have reasons why I haven't posted my blanket yet.  Or maybe it's excuses.  Hmmmm.... #1:  It's not finished yet.   I know!  Ridiculous, right?  Two rows stand between me and a HUGE finished colorful piece of happylove.  And I keep putting it off.  I'm not even going to say "this week for sure" or even a "maybe I'll finish it tonight".  Because as you can read, I say these things, and many times don't back them up.  I'm starting to wonder if I've got adult ADD or ADHD or whatever it is that doesn't allow for people to finish what they start.  Yep.  Anyway, it's not done yet.  It will be.  Eventually. #2:  I've been making other things! See?  That's a pretty good reason/excuse, right?  I've been a-hookin' away.  With Mother's Day rapidly approaching, I found myself freaking out, thinking about what I could create for my mom that would be something spring-y, colorful (she loves bright, cheery colors

Musing.

I used to have this idea that I was going to create these elaborate and thought provoking posts. That I would inspire someone. That I would have followers. Really. Kind of silly now that I look back on it. Anymore, I just want to be a better person than I was the day before. I want to love people better. I've recently seen a lot of things in the local, national, and world news that aren't pleasant. My first reaction is to get enraged and/or feel hopeless. But time again, I keep coming back to a wise man's words: In a world where people react negatively more than they tend to think, I'll always be thankful for Dr. King's reminder that it's okay to reach out in love.