Skip to main content

Finished Ripple Love!!

The long awaited day has come:

I give you…..

The Epic Ripple Blanket:

                                                *cue theme from 2001:  A Space Odessey*
 The edging is such a brilliant design from Lucy at the attic.  The entire tutorial and pattern of hers is what mine is based off of.  I'm so excited to have something that goes with everything!  I really, really love that edge.  The little peek-a-boos of blue coming through the purple makes me warm and fuzzy.  Ahh, soft, soft blanket friend.  The yarn is mostly Caron Simply Soft, and Red Heart Soft.  Lots of time, lots of dc, lots of dc2together, many miles of yarn.




I am so happy I have finished with this project.  Don’t get me wrong.  I enjoyed every single ripple-y minute of it.  I enjoyed randomly grabbing luscious color after color, weaving that fluffy thing into a candy ribbon of comfort.  It’s so rewarding to see Blanket finished at last!  I know this fall I will be spending many evenings outdoors (and later in the winter, evenings in my cozy pink recliner)  wrapped up in this delight.  It seems when I plan afghans and huge blankets for others, I always just know the colors I want to use.  I knew from the beginning this was going to be a blanket for me and me only (and perhaps my husband, if I am feeling generous enough to share – haha), and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out colors.  I finally decided, well, I love everything – why not use them all?  As you can see, the result is an explosive spectrum.
A coworker at my old place of work is also a yarn fanatic, and was uneasy at my idea of just randomly adding color willy-nilly.  The plan of having no plan stressed her out.  I've got to say, when it comes to crochet, especially crocheting things for my own self and home - planning is overrated for me.  I kind of like not knowing how it's all going to work out. But work out it did.  I think I might go wrap myself up in this right now!

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed having your eyes blinded and dizzied by this monster ripple!  Thank you for being so dad gum patient with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Resolution I'm Sticking To

So of course, I've managed to let a few months slip by without posting anything.  Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot to post!  It's been a tough winter here in OK, with unusually cold bitter winds and quite a bit of snow compared to last year.  I don't mean to complain, but I will be pretty excited when spring has officially sprung!  This past weekend was daylight savings time, and while I really enjoy the extra light at the end of the day, I just hate giving up the extra 60 minutes of sleep!  I know it's only an hour, but I am dragging this morning for sure! One of my New Year's resolutions (the only one, honestly) was to complete a 5K every month.  I've been trying to attack this resolution head on.  In January I finished my first ever official timed 5K, the  Freeze Your Face-Off 5K  in downtown Oklahoma City.  It was such a great experience, and I got to meet up with a couple of high school friends I hadn't seen in over a decade!  Pretty cool.

Reasons/Excuses - And The Difference Is....?

I do have reasons why I haven't posted my blanket yet.  Or maybe it's excuses.  Hmmmm.... #1:  It's not finished yet.   I know!  Ridiculous, right?  Two rows stand between me and a HUGE finished colorful piece of happylove.  And I keep putting it off.  I'm not even going to say "this week for sure" or even a "maybe I'll finish it tonight".  Because as you can read, I say these things, and many times don't back them up.  I'm starting to wonder if I've got adult ADD or ADHD or whatever it is that doesn't allow for people to finish what they start.  Yep.  Anyway, it's not done yet.  It will be.  Eventually. #2:  I've been making other things! See?  That's a pretty good reason/excuse, right?  I've been a-hookin' away.  With Mother's Day rapidly approaching, I found myself freaking out, thinking about what I could create for my mom that would be something spring-y, colorful (she loves bright, cheery colors

Musing.

I used to have this idea that I was going to create these elaborate and thought provoking posts. That I would inspire someone. That I would have followers. Really. Kind of silly now that I look back on it. Anymore, I just want to be a better person than I was the day before. I want to love people better. I've recently seen a lot of things in the local, national, and world news that aren't pleasant. My first reaction is to get enraged and/or feel hopeless. But time again, I keep coming back to a wise man's words: In a world where people react negatively more than they tend to think, I'll always be thankful for Dr. King's reminder that it's okay to reach out in love.