Skip to main content

Still Alive

I know, I know.  It’s been too long.  I admit, I am not the world’s best at keeping up with much of anything.

But I do have reasons!  I’ve been making some of these:



Minion hats!  I found an absolutely wonderful little pattern on ravelry, and My goodness, people have been requesting non stop for me to make them/their kids one!  So, I’ve been hooking it up.  There are about one million more I would like to make for folks.  Alas, there don’t seem to be enough hours in my day…



Another reason is that yours truly has been teaching a crochet class!  It’s offered through my work.  This all started when my office’s original instructor couldn’t teach due to a recent surgery, and since I’d posted a couple of pictures on facebook of my work… it got out that I know a bit about the basics of crochet. 
I am a certified early childhood teacher, and I have taught at the college level, but let me tell you, I was nervous about this crochet class!  Teaching a group of students for hours at a time a skill that involves muscle memory, math, and specific instructions made me doubt my abilities a bit.  However, the students in the class are wonderful, eager to learn, and it looks like there’s a chance we might band together to create a community crochet group – exciting!  I was informed at my last class by the students that apparently there is no place in town where beginner’s crochet is taught.  I am more than excited to try to start a group and crochet with others!  Finally – a wonderful use for my ridiculous yarn stash!

Last weekend I also celebrated a birthday…. a rather large-ish one.  I celebrated by going to a fancy dinner with 4 of my favorite girls in the whole world, followed by some spirited fun at a girl’s sleepover.  I may be another year older, but I am still a big kid at heart!  I love my girlfriends immensely.  The next day  (my actual birthday) I spent with my husband, enjoying life (and continuing to get our house closer to being on the market.  The goal is by Thanksgiving to have a for sale sign in the yard! 
I won’t be a stranger on here.  Mark those words!  There are way too many exciting things I’m making for Christmas presents, and I’ll need *some* place to share them so I don’t spill the beans to my friends and family!
Happy Veterans Day, all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Resolution I'm Sticking To

So of course, I've managed to let a few months slip by without posting anything.  Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot to post!  It's been a tough winter here in OK, with unusually cold bitter winds and quite a bit of snow compared to last year.  I don't mean to complain, but I will be pretty excited when spring has officially sprung!  This past weekend was daylight savings time, and while I really enjoy the extra light at the end of the day, I just hate giving up the extra 60 minutes of sleep!  I know it's only an hour, but I am dragging this morning for sure! One of my New Year's resolutions (the only one, honestly) was to complete a 5K every month.  I've been trying to attack this resolution head on.  In January I finished my first ever official timed 5K, the  Freeze Your Face-Off 5K  in downtown Oklahoma City.  It was such a great experience, and I got to meet up with a couple of high school friends I hadn't seen in over a decade!  Pretty cool.

Reasons/Excuses - And The Difference Is....?

I do have reasons why I haven't posted my blanket yet.  Or maybe it's excuses.  Hmmmm.... #1:  It's not finished yet.   I know!  Ridiculous, right?  Two rows stand between me and a HUGE finished colorful piece of happylove.  And I keep putting it off.  I'm not even going to say "this week for sure" or even a "maybe I'll finish it tonight".  Because as you can read, I say these things, and many times don't back them up.  I'm starting to wonder if I've got adult ADD or ADHD or whatever it is that doesn't allow for people to finish what they start.  Yep.  Anyway, it's not done yet.  It will be.  Eventually. #2:  I've been making other things! See?  That's a pretty good reason/excuse, right?  I've been a-hookin' away.  With Mother's Day rapidly approaching, I found myself freaking out, thinking about what I could create for my mom that would be something spring-y, colorful (she loves bright, cheery colors

Musing.

I used to have this idea that I was going to create these elaborate and thought provoking posts. That I would inspire someone. That I would have followers. Really. Kind of silly now that I look back on it. Anymore, I just want to be a better person than I was the day before. I want to love people better. I've recently seen a lot of things in the local, national, and world news that aren't pleasant. My first reaction is to get enraged and/or feel hopeless. But time again, I keep coming back to a wise man's words: In a world where people react negatively more than they tend to think, I'll always be thankful for Dr. King's reminder that it's okay to reach out in love.